Bell Trace Health & Living is known for our exceptional short-term rehabilitation following illness, injury, surgery, and other challenges. Rehabilitation is an integral service at Bell Trace, as it is at all CarDon communities throughout central and southern Indiana. Rehabilitation services are available to our own residents and to people from the greater community as an inpatient or outpatient service. Our outstanding nursing and therapy teams have the knowledge, skills and experience to guide people through successful short-term rehabilitation and the post-rehabilitation recovery processes.
We refer to patients as our guests. Our goal is to bring guests to their optimal health and functioning as quickly as possible – and to provide an enjoyable rehabilitation experience as well. With specific guidance from our Rehabilitation Director, whose specialty is orthopedic surgery, the uniquely comfortable environment we offer is integral to the rehabilitation experience. With therapy sessions as often as daily, our wellness-focused fitness center/therapy gym, and a variety of services and amenities available, everything is in place to meet your needs and desires. You can truly focus on recovering with the support of our clinically trained and experienced staff and case management team.
Our short-term rehabilitation program specializes in treating individuals who have experienced cardiovascular, neurological, or orthopedic challenges such as strokes or hip fractures. In addition, our short-term rehabilitation staff provides numerous therapies, including:
- VitalStim for swallowing impairments
- Respiratory therapy
- Intravenous therapy
- Anodyne therapy for treating neuropathy, wounds, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) to speed recovery and reduce pain and swelling following joint replacement surgery
- Post-acute rehabilitative care for stroke, heart attack, amputation, balance dysfunction, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other neuromuscular diseases
We are committed to each person’s fullest recovery. We provide home evaluations and coordinate resources for the post-rehabilitation phase to ensure safety and quality of life as our guests return home.
Our physical, occupational, and speech therapists are known as much for their positive outlooks as for the positive outcomes they take pride in assisting. Our rehabilitation staff works in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social workers, nutritionists, the individual and family members to develop and manage a personalized care plan.
Services, amenities and accommodations
- Pre-surgery, inpatient and outpatient therapy services
- Staff experienced with complex medical and rehabilitation needs
- Fully-equipped therapy gym and fitness center
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Therapy services up to 7 days/week based on individualized plan of care
- *Our home transition program
- Case manager coordination of personal care plans, educational needs and discharge details
- Private suite with kitchenette, private bathroom, television, and telephone
- WiFi throughout community
- Laundry services
- Selective dining menu
- Open visitation hours
- Pre-arranged pet visitation
- Beauty salon/barber
- On-site banking
- Optometry, podiatry, and dental services
- Transportation from the hospital to Bell Trace Health & Living may be arranged
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Social and support services
- Most insurances accepted, Medicare, and private pay – certain requirements must be met for Medicare to cover short-term rehabilitation
*Our Home Transition Program
For guests who are transitioning home, we provide community re-integration and home evaluations to help ensure a successful and safe return to the home environment. A home visit while still in our care provides a safety check and recommended adjustments. Plus, our staff provides advice and counsel to individuals and their families with a focus on wellness and independence.